Out for Breakfast.

I have never been a breakfast person. I actually spent most of my life despising it. I would ALWAYS rather have a steak than an omelette, and still, to this day, I refuse to eat eggs made by anyone other than myself. But recently, my husband and I started going out for breakfast on Sunday mornings and it's become a little traditional that really makes my weeks. There's something about cozying up in a little family-owned cafe and eating ham and gravy off of mis-matched plates that is so charming to me.
One of the things we've been doing as "newlyweds that don't feel like newlyweds" is start little traditions like this. We spend a lot of time together, but when we make an effort to go have breakfast, phone-free, and chat bout life, it's just such a wonderful thing. We love our time together but it's so easy to be distracted by other things and other people. Recently, we have used these little dates as time to plan our upcoming trips, map out our new finances plan, and just make each other laugh- and we don't use our phones at the table unless we absolutely have to.
Find a place like this near you. They're everywhere, you just have to look closely :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute, I love how simple the routine is, but you get so much out of it!

    ReplyDelete