I'm Drinking a Bloody Mary in the Dark.


This weekend has already been a stressful one. It started out yesterday with me trying to leave for work and my keys were nowhere to be found. I looked EVERYWHERE. I tore the house apart and then got the idea to use my personal car, which I hadn't used in months. Because I hadnt used it in months, it wouldn't start. Cool. I tried to go back inside to come up with another option but it was too late- I'd already locked myself out of the house. I walked through the mud and climbed in a window and waited for my husband to bring me his car for the day. TGIeffingF.

It continues. A few months ago we got a puppy and in the last few weeks he's turned into a terror. He is cute as hell which makes it even harder for us to punish him. Last night I spent an hour scrubbing the floors downstairs in our house only to have him run out the backyard, roll around in the muddy grass and track his stupid cute little feet all through the house. And then he barfed up a stomach-full of grass and shit. Because he eats shit. I took a five minute breather before I killed him and I heard my husband come home and yell "What the hell?!" Yep. Turns out the dog chewed through the cord of my brand new floor steamer. Awesome. I deserved a drink at that moment just for not killing him.

We went and got an 8-panel dog gate/pen and set it up in the backyard so the dogs could go out on the cement part of the yard but would stay off the grass. Seemed like a genius idea at the time. Ha. Right. Today we spent six hours scrubbing the shit out of the house. Literally. Because the dog shit in the house. Seriously?! And then he peed in then same spot an hour later. I may kill him. I'll try not to. 

You'd think it would end there. But no, now the entire neighborhood had no power, and all of our friends are on their way over. All I can say for certain is that I am VERY thankful for the Bloody Mary I just made by candlelight. My night can really only go uphill from here. Cheers to the freakin weekend.

Best Bloody Mary Recipe:
Vodka (however much you want, no judgments)
Bloody Mary mix
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
Dash or two of tapatio hot sauce
Two shakes salt and pepper
Twist of lime

No comments:

Post a Comment