Long Hair, Don't Care

I love my hair. Like, love it. It's the first time in forever that I have felt I got exactly what I was looking for. It's also the first time in forever that I found a stylist who is incredibly affordable and knows exactly what I mean when I show her every photo I can find on Pinterest and then say "but like... not the exact thing and maybe like darker?"
Finding a good stylist is hard! I feel like as women we gain this sense of loyalty to the person we've been seeing for years, so we don't want to try someone new out of a) fear it won't look good and b) hurting our current stylist's feelings. And maybe that's true, but if you are paying someone $130 to have your hair done dark brown every. single. time., get a box from WalMart. If you are paying someone $175 to do your highlights regularly and your hair is still fried, find someone new!! 

Until this year, I never went to a stylist. I went to Great Clips for trims and put a box of dark dye on my head and it always looked fine. But once I decided I wanted to invest in good color before my wedding, I had no idea how great my hair could look. I wanted something funky and fun, but classic and natural. A pop of color I could hide when I wanted to, or showcase every day. I started seeing Amber, my current stylist, and we started experimenting. I bring in photos from Pinterest every appointment, and she doesn't mind if I tell her something isn't working! I love experimenting, and we finally got it right this last appointment!

I used to think hair was so important. And in many ways, it totally is. But I never wanted to try anything major because of the price and because I was afraid it would be ugly. But the truth is, if its messed up, I'll rock a ballet bun for while and try again next appointment. It's not the end of the world! I would rather try something new than have the same hair for the rest of my life. 

These peekaboo highlights are subtle and easy but made such a difference. I have never gotten so many hair compliments! So thank you, Amber at Salon 13 in Vacaville, California. You are awesome! 

Follow Amber on Instagram for tons of beautiful before and after hairstyles! So fun to see all of the transformations!
@beauty_by_cosmogirl




3 comments:

  1. Your hair looks amazing! I love the subtle highlights. yes it's so hard to find that right stylist. I am in a major hair rut right now because I just can't find that perfect one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair!! I have yet to find a stylist that I really love but since I'm in the process of TRYING to grow my hair out I don't get it cut very often so I don't take much of a chance to try new people.

    ReplyDelete