No More Frozen Foods!

Frozen food is gross.  Okay,  maybe they don't taste gross,  but I have never eaten a frozen taquito without feeling guilty about all the preservatives and chemicals in them.  I mean,  I obviously still ate them,  but I'm just saying... My husband is a huge late night snacker, and its never chips or popcorn,  it's always a full meal of frozen burritos and Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits.  So I decided to show him we could make them ourselves , which takes more prep time but hopefully adds some years to our lives. And he loves them!  Plus,  its a fun activity to do together,  which I am always for!


Just Like Jimmy Dean Sausage Biscuits
Fresh turkey sausage, roll and flatten into patties
Eggs (I puréed mine in my little blender and baked them in a muffin tin for 7 mins)
Whole wheat English muffins

Puree eggs or beat well.  Feel free to season! 


Stack the English muffins with the turkey patties and egg. Top with a layer of cheese.  Wrap in tin foil and freeze.  When you're ready to snack, remove from foil and microwave 2-3 mins.


On The Go Burritos
Flour Tortillas
Ground turkey,  cooked and seasoned
Salsa of choice
Shredded cheese

Pile all ingredients into tortilla, wrap tightly. Then wrap in foil and freeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment