January // Friday Favorites: Red Lips!



I am always a fan of red lips. Whether it's 9am at the office, 3pm at Starbucks or 10pm on a night out at the bars, red lips are always appropriate. Plus, they're a classic! Because I wear lipstick all the time, I get a lot of girls saying they have 1) no idea how to wear lipstick and 2) no idea how to find the right shade. Now, I can't speak for everyone, but I know what I like and I have done my research! Here are a few of my favorites:
MAC Russian Red // reviews here // This one's a classic. Every fashion blogger I know wears this, and it's the closest to Hilary Duff's signature lip color as I could get, if not exact.

MAC Dubonnet // reviews here // I wore this on my wedding day. It's a deeper red, so it's just as bold but not as bright. I feel like it's a very "Old Hollywood-esque" color for everyone!

Be a Bombshell // buy here // I got this one in my monthly Ipsy bag and love it. It's pretty matte, a bold color and goes on just like a crayon. It's literally fool proof!

MAC Lip pencil in Brick // buy here // I can wear this liner with all of my bright red lipsticks. It makes my lips stay looking fresh way longer, prevents the need for lots of touchups, and keeps it from smearing! I recommend this post for tips on applying liner.

MAC RiRi Woo // check ebay auctions here // This is part of Rihanna's special line with MAC that always sells out crazy fast, but that's because the colors are amazing. I'm wearing it in these photos below:


4 comments:

  1. your pics are badass! LOVE red lips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've sat down at a few different makeup counters to get help on red lipsticks and have been disappointed by the lack of "expert" help. I don't really want to spend money on lipsticks that aren't quite right, so I always want a makeup artist's opinion. But I might have to go out on my own and try the first two MAC reds if they're classics :)

    ReplyDelete