Essential // Small Businesses Unite!

Last week we talked about stress, so I find it appropriate to share that, in true form, I have taken on something bigger than I have ever taken on before. I have always dreamed of owning my own company and while my Etsy shop has been busy enough to become it's own company, it is incredibly hard to keep up with all of my orders and all of the marketing that I do as well. My shop is successful because of my marketing, so I understand now why it's so hard to have a one woman show. I have seen so many shops with wonderfully talented people creating beautiful items, but who have no idea how to market themselves to be able to grow their business. Since that's what I have a knack for, I decided to go for it. My new business will launch in early February!




I introduce to you enjoyEssential.com, a storefront for small businesses. It provides another opportunity for shops to be seen in search results, free marketing, no required markdowns, and no commission taken. There is a small administrative fee to list the items that covers the cost of running the site, but other than that the shop owner receives all of the fines and shipping costs and they're able to continue running their business from their home. No wholesale is involved, so there's no markups!

I really believe in the power of small businesses, and even more importantly, the power of women. The majority of the shops run on Etsy and other small creative businesses that are similar are run by women, a lot of whom are stay at home moms and wives using their hobbies to bring in a little extra income. Working together is what makes us successful, which is what we need to continue growing our shops, blogs, etc. 

I will of course list my own items on the site as well, but my primary focus will be marketing and advertising the site and the items within it. I have found that networking has done me wonders in the past couple of months with my shop, and I have seen so much success from it. I am looking forward to working with other women with similar aspirations to grow our businesses, our inspiration, our motivation, and become successful businesswoman together!

If you or someone you know would like to have their items listed on Essential, please send me an email:
cadyboughtin (at) gmail.com
and I will send you over the info package right away!

enjoyEssential

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to sell my photography on Etsy for a years now but have never been sure where to start. This year I have made myself small goals to help me accomplish that dream. I am currently Craft, Inc and have The Handmade Market on hold at the library. I am taking notes! But marketing and networking really terrifies me since I am, by nature, a very quiet, reserved person. So, I will definitely be in touch with you in the future:) I am really excited now!

    Cheers,
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have you! Please feel free to look over the document called the endor agreement in the vendor or contact section of the site, and email me some images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cady! This is a great idea. I'd love more info! Can you send it to me at (danieladavis17@gmail.com)? Thanks! Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! All details are on my blog: http://iputabirdonit.blogspot.com/2014/01/liebster-award-2014.html

    xo
    Daniela
    Put A Bird On It

    ReplyDelete