2014.

I am using this week's prompt from "Girl Between the Lines" to start teaming up with other bloggers! Prompt:

"What is one thing you will do differently in 2014? This could be a goal you didn't meet, a promise you didn't keep, or a reoccurring bad habit. Is there anything specific that you will continue to do?"

2013 was easily the best year of my life,  but I'm pretty sure I say that every year, so either I'm getting better at living or someone up there is really watching over me.  I spent the first half of this year stressing over the planning of my dream wedding and the second half realizing all that mattered was that I was marrying my best friend (but seriously,  the wedding was amazing.)


At the beginning of the year we purchased our first house and have spent every day since then telling each other how much we love it.  It is beautiful in every way I could've asked for and is the thing I am most proud of,  not because we bought it ourselves, but because of the people we have become in it.  I instantly transformed into Martha Stewart,  and my husband suddenly became the most helpful man I've ever met.  We tell each other every day how lucky we are and encourage each other to work hard to achieve our dreams.  That is something I will continue to do in 2014 and for the rest of our lives. 


One thing I would change is the lengths I went to in 2013 to please people. I have spent the past few months doing the things that make ME happy,  and it has paid off ten fold. On my 26th birthday in September,  I made the decision to nourish my friendships with the girls who make me happy, to always seek out new girlfriends and never hold who someone is now accountable for who they were back in the day. When I started designing baby clothes,  it was on a whim. Now,  every time I hear my phone go off with a sale,  I remind myself how incredibly blessed I am to be able to make a paycheck doing what I love.  But I also remind myself that without my hours and hours of hard work,  dedication and marketing, it wouldn't be possible,  and so in 2014 I will always remember I deserve to pay myself on the back. 

In 2014 I resolve for my actions to be more thought-out and my time spent constructively. I resolve to spend more time with girlfriends and less watching TV.  More time on my Etsy shop and blog and less time worrying about unreturned texts. I resolve to always tell my husband how much I appreciate coming downstairs to a clean kitchen. To clean more and create less mess. To continue to grow my business and keep customers happy.  But most b importantly, to make myself happy,  because I totally deserve it! 



1 comment:

  1. This is so great! Thanks for linking up with us :) Usually what we do is the day the prompt is assigned for (ex. Jan 1), the posts will go live on mine & Hayley's blogs on Jan. 1. The linkup will be in our posts so you can link up on that day. I hope you will join us next week, too! Our posts go live Wednesday at midnight and the opportunity to add your post to the linkup will be live at the same time on those posts! have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete