Long Hair, Don't Care // DIY No-Ouch Hair Elastics

I am so guilty of throwing my hair into a ponytail immediately upon walking into my house. I hate my hair in my face! I am also guilty of refusing to work out because I don't want to mess up my hair... but thats another story. As much as I love the security of a thick elastic hairband, I just can't stand that lame crease it gives me every. single. time. I came across some fun no-ouch elastic hair ties and decided to try and make them myself... and if for some reason you'd rather BIY (buy it yourself) rather than DIY, feel free to buy them from my shop here!

Step 1: get yourself some super cute elastics! I love prints... LOVE PRINTS. I also love a little pop of color, so here are the ones I selected to sell in my shop.


Step 2: Cut pieces about 5-8" long. Mine are about 6". Tie them close to the end, leaving enough room to make a clean trim/cut at the edge.

Step 3: Light a match or a candle and bring the fraying edges close to the flame but don't touch it. Just close enough to heat the elastic a little to create a seal so the ends won't fray.

Step 4: There is no Step 4. That's literally it! Tie your hair back and get the show on the road!

Set of 4, $4 in my shop

Set of 6, $6 in my shop

3 comments:

  1. Way cute! Can't wait to make some.

    xo
    Daniela
    Put A Bird On It

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cute! I love having something fun to hold my hair back when it's in my way :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete