Wearing it for Charity.

Since I started my clothing line, I have been super inspired by bloggers who have reached out to me for help in bringing awareness to different causes. I did a little fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (tanks still available here) a couple months back. I am doing an Alzheimer's Walk team tee design in honor of my grandmother in New York (another of my grandparents diagnosed, so scary!), and I am currently working on exclusive designs for bags and tees for Breaking the Silence, which is a group working to bring awareness to domestic violence.

MEET BRENNA

But this weeks design is also very special. This design is in honor of little Brenna, a two year old living with ichtyosis, which is a horrible skin disease causing her body to produce skin at 10x the normal rate, forcing her to consume that many extra calories a day so her tiny body can keep up. The condition requires her entire body be coated with Aquaphor every couple of hours and then daily exfoliation. You can tell by their photos that the family is incredibly positive and uplifting and doing the best they can to raise their little lady as normally as possible given her health conditions.

To find out what life is like for Brenna and her family, here is a Q&A her mama did for her blog, Blessed by Brenna.

None of this would be possible without the help of Go Shout Love, a blog launching in June that is dedicated to helping children in need of fundraisers, research and awareness. Check them out here.


Tee sizes 6m-4t, $17.99
100% of profits go to the FIRST Skin Foundation.
Purchase HERE

If you have a special cause and would like to do a tee fundraiser, please feel free to contact me any time. Let's make it happen! enjoy essential [at] gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment