Going out in public without makeup.

Guys have it so easy. It takes them five minutes to get ready and they never ever have to worry about make up. For women, we feel like we look completely different without makeup, and that may be true, but I started realizing in the last few years how much work it is to get ready just to go to Starbucks drive-thru. 

As I have mentioned before, I have been fairly lucky with my skin. I don't often break out, but when I do I'm always on high alert. It makes me absolutely crazy to have as it pop up in the middle of my otherwise well-cared-for face. Right now, I'm on your high alert because I have a few things on my face that are really pissing me off. But I know that putting makeup on top of them is only going to make them worse, so I have resorted to not wearing make up the last couple of weeks. 

If it were up to me, I would also be sporting yoga pants on the regular. Who am I kidding, I totally do that. I hate wearing jeans because they're so uncomfortable, and I am just so jealous of the girls who wear workout clothes and look clean and thin and well put together. When I leave the house I'm somehow always covered in dog hair, my black yoga pants have faded, and I look like I just rolled out of bed. Hot.

But I'm still boycotting. I'm finding ways around getting ready on a daily basis. Working from home definitely helps with this, but not wearing makeup is tough! And I'm not even the type of girl who wears a lot of make up! But I think it's so important that we learn to like ourselves for what we look like without makeup, and that our men do too. Mine sees me without makeup more than with, and always make sure to tell me how beautiful he thinks I am. So on those nights when I do put makeup on, he thinks I'm a supermodel! I just hate the fact that as women, we are expected to look fantastic every second of every day, in case we run into that girl we really don't like the grocery store, or an ex-boyfriend at the mall. Screw it. I'm not wearing make up. 

Ok... Maybe a little concealer. 

6 comments:

  1. As long as I have lipstick and mascara on I'm ok. We have too many airbrushed picture of celebs and models that we are competing with. I love seeing stars without their make up, lighting, and hair people. They just look regular. If we saw more of that we would spend less time beating ourselves up in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I wear no makeup around people I see on a regular basis, they ask me if I'm tired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am a new follower to your lovely blog (Via Pinterest, Blogvin & Twitter)and it really feel pleasure meeting new awesome bloggers like you. Found you through Lets Be friends Blog Hop. I would love it if you follow me back.

    my blog: wilsontom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to think like this especially since one of my jobs in makeup artist but now I hardly ever wake makeup. I only put in on when I have plans but just running errands, nope, can't bother. I guess that happens when you have a toddler who doesn't let you have a second to yourself. Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I totally leave the house covered in dog hair and looking like a hot mess! The dog hair is so hard to get rid of. I hardly ever wear makeup now. I think we all need to learn to love ourselves..as is.. without makeup too. Just because society tells us we need it doesn't make it true. :) Doesn't mean I don't enjoy wearing makeup from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's really nothing to be jealous about when it comes to being thin. I hate benig thin. I hate my body, I hate not being able to find clothes that fit me right, I hate looking less feminine (according to society who in reality does not like thin women, just look at how the media treats them) because I'm not a C cup or don't have curves.

    I promise you, swear to you, absolutely am not lying to you: Thin does not equal better or happier. If you still don't believe me, here's a read for you:
    http://www.foodforyourcell.com/body-shaming-real/

    ReplyDelete